Designs and drafts systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment such as arc welders, robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for MD Controls: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Travel consisting of ten to fifteen percent.
• Develop specifications for new equipment and processes for new capital projects.
• Lead development and design of PLC based controls. Clean Sheet Program, De-bug, and Troubleshoot ladder logic, Structured text, function block and PLC communications problems.
• PLC experience must include in depth knowledge of: SLC, PLC5, logix5000, S7, Profibus, Ethernet and other network based I/O systems.
• Requires high expertise in designing servo motion controls, integration of six axis robot systems, vision systems, leak testing, sonic welding, and laser welding.
• Provide high degree of expertise with PanelView, RsView, and Wonderware based HMI’s. VBA, DDE, Sql is a plus.
• Lead electrical design of the equipment, software systems, program, and utilities.
• Develop specifications for software and hardware.
• Prepare risk analysis of new control systems and supporting hardware/software design.
• Experience in production facility with process improvements, downtime reduction projects.
Installation of new manufacturing lines, new equipment building and design is a must.
• Good understanding of data acquisition and performance monitoring systems.
• Good understanding of the manufacturing execution systems (MES) to provide connectivity between the process and controls layers.
• Develop and manage project schedule, track costs, prepare status reports, conduct team meetings, and communicate progress to management.
• Prepare and present technical investigative reports to middle and senior level management.
• Prepare capital requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are seeking an individual who is a self starter, and is able to write PLC programs from White Paper using standard specifications. The individual must be able to write a program from concept; i.e., White Paper to final completion. It is desired for this individual to have five years of previous experience in a custom automated equipment builder work environment. Our preference is for individuals to not have a manufacturing or production background. The individual must know the following aspects of the position; leak testing, mass-spec, vision, robotics integration, and small to large systems 10 -800 i/o points.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related Assembly Equipment experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three Years minimum experience with Autocad - Machine Layout, Competent in creating electrical schematic, Profibus, Project Management, Robot Integration, Cell Design Layout, Electrical System Design, Controls Design, Ethernet Communications and Allen Bradley.
Contact Us About This Job